Protein Bread! Who can’t get enough? The taste can’t be topped. Unless you’re talking about spreading something on top of it. In which case, go for a big dollop of our lovely pink beetroot hummus! Whether you take your bread vegan or non-vegan, both versions are jam-packed with protein. foodspring’s Vegan Protein Bread gets its protein from pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
Drain the chickpeas, rinse with water and let them drip dry for a few moments.
Use a stick blender, blender, or food processor to blend together the chickpeas and the rest of the ingredients. Mix until creamy.
Spread 1 tablespoon of beetroot hummus on each slice of bread. Store the remaining hummus in the fridge.
Top with sprouts, whole chickpeas, sesame seeds, or sea salt as desired.
Our TipLooking for our basic hummus recipe? Here it is. If you add an ingredient (be it beetroot or something else), you can change the flavor up endlessly! Try any of these for a start:
- Hummus + 150g roasted sweet potato = sweet potato hummus
- Hummus + 150g roasted pumpkin = pumpkin hummus
- Hummus + 1/2 avocado = avocado hummus
- Hummus + 7 sun-dried tomatoes, drained of oil = tomato hummus
- Hummus + 1 roasted red bell pepper = pepper hummus
Free Body Check
Want to improve your nutrition? Our Body Check will help!
- Personal BMI Calculation
- Helpful nutrition advice
- Products to help hit your goal